For the benefit of residents with poor home broadband, Strathdearn Community Developments has made provision to allow access to broadband via the Millennium Hall wifi system.
The following conditions apply to using the Strathdearn Village Hall for access to the free WiFi.
- The key for the hall can be picked up and dropped off at the shop, once arranged with Steve Culeen, anytime between 9am – 6pm Monday to Saturday. The key must be returned immediately after locking the hall unless otherwise arranged with the Hall Management Group. If returning the key after 6pm it can be posted into the letterbox outside the old village hall/toilets and Steve must be notified. Sunday arrangements must be made directly with Steve in advance.
- The password for the WiFi is regularly changed. Posters in the hall give the latest password to access the hall’s free WiFi.
- If accessing WIFI, users must ensure all activity is legal, respectful to others, and at a reasonable level of use. An Internet Usage Policy is located in Strathdearn Village Hall.
- There is no cost to using the hall to access WiFi however there is a donation box if you wish to offer something in return. These funds will contribute to the running cost of the hall.
- Children under 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Acceptance of any user request is at the discretion of the Hall Management Group.
- Strathdearn Village Hall is a totally non-smoking area and there is strictly no consumption of alcohol whilst using the hall for accessing WiFi.
- Tables and chairs must be as they were on arrival.
- Tables must be wiped clean of any spillages.
- All rubbish must be taken away, and the hall and rooms left clean for the next hall user (please note charges may apply should the hall not be left in a satisfactory manner. Please report any damage to the Hall Maintenance Manager immediately).
- No animals are permitted on site (except assistive dogs). No animals whatsoever are to enter the kitchen at any time.
- All property left on the premises are at left at the owner’s own risk. Strathdearn Community Development does not take any responsibility for damaged or stolen items.
- All users must ensure that any electrical equipment introduced to the hall on their behalf is certified and in good order. Users are expected to carry out a risk assessment of the activity for which they are hiring the hall.
- inside and outside the hall.
- Any member of the Hall Management Group has authority to enter the hall and rooms during a session to ascertain compliance to these Conditions.
Please also note the following safety points from the full Strathdearn Village Hall Terms and Conditions.
- Fire regulations restrict the number of people in the hall at any one time to 80.
- All users must acquaint themselves with the contents of all safety notices posted within the hall and rooms, along with the EMERGENCY EVACUATION STRATEGY and the FIRE PREVENTION POLICY and PROCEDURE.
- No candles or other naked flames are to be used within the hall or rooms.
- Emergency exits have both visible neon and electrically lit signs, which must be switched on for each event. The switch is situated in the entrance vestibule. The hall is equipped with fire extinguishers and a fire hose. There is a fire blanket in the kitchen
- A first aid box is located in the kitchen. In the event of an accident hirers must complete the relevant section in the Community Hall’s accident book, in accordance with the Reporting Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences 1995 (RIDDOR)
- The emergency exits are to be kept clear at all times.
This Wifi Policy can be downloaded and printed from HERE.